Includes Treatments for:
Arthroscopic Acromio-Clavicular Excision
Arthroscopic Partial Thickness Rotator Cuff Debridement
Sling worn for comfort
- 1. Pendulum exercises 3x/day minimum
- 2. PROM/AAROM (wand, pulley) within pain tolerance
- 3. Elbow and wrist AROM 3x/day minimum
- 4. Cryocuff/ ice: days 1-2 as much as possible, then post activity for pain.
Avoid active elevation (anterior deltoid) until 6 weeks
- 1. Progress AAROM/AROM within pain tolerance
- 2. Sub-maximal isometrics for shoulder musculature, except flexion
- 3. Manual resistance for scapular motions
- 4. Postural awareness education
- 5. Gentle soft tissue mobilization and glenohumeral inferior glide
- 6. Modalities as indicated for pain or inflammation
- 7. May initiate UBE after 4 weeks.
Goal: Involved shoulder AAROM grossly WNL by 6 weeks
- 1. Progress AROM in all ranges
- 2. Joint mobilization for scapula and glenohumeral mobility
- 3. Strengthening exercises for scapular stabilizers and rotator cuff. Emphasis of strengthening on high reps and low weight, with postural awareness. May include PRE’s, theratube/ band, PNF and weight equipment
- 4. Progress to independent home program.
Goal: AROM grossly WNL without shoulder hiking by 12 weeks